Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 1: June 13, 2012- In the Beginning

This is the beginning. I have a son!!!



"Unto you a son is given..."

At 10:38 pm, on June 12th, 2012, Luke Israel Demsick was born.



And thus began our journey together.



Today we began reading the Bible together (more me than him), just as we began our lives together as father and son.



Today we started at the beginning.

And the beginning is God's Word. The beginning is God's plan. The beginning is every thought He's ever had for every person (as the sand of the sea shore) for all time, culminating in a glorious love story of God for mankind, of danger and loss and escape and daring rescue, of life stolen and then returned. Of priceless worth found and then fought for.

One cannot acknowledge the love of a father for his son without the love of the Father for all of his.

This is where it begins.

The pages of this book are enthralling. The plotline, captivating. It is the most beautiful, epic, romantic story ever written. And it is true.

Humankind finds itself at a place not too different from my son's. Full of expectation and desire, but helpless to save itself.

Ang feeding Luke
It is a journey we all must begin.

This year my son and I will share it one day at a time.

Listen as we read for fifteen minutes or so each day and experience it with us. Drop in and come alongside friends. Watch God's vision from the beginning.

Today, my son's life has begun. I am the happiest parent alive. I wonder if God feels any different?

It is a discovery worth dedicating a lifetime. We'll take it a year at a time.


Oh, and I won't say it.


Ok, I'll say it.

Luke, I am your father.

---



Day 1: June 13, 2012- In the Beginning


Video of our first reading and Luke's first day of life

Listen or download for listening on a mobile device or ipod on the go:



And, if you'd like, read along:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%201:1-2:25;%20Matthew%201:1-2:12;%20Psalm%201:1-6;%20Proverbs%201:1-6&version=NLT

This is yesterday's post. Today's should be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment