Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 69: August 20, 2012- My Baby

(As you may notice, I've changed players. Cinch, which worked well for these podcasts decided to close down, causing me to scramble for other options. Fortunately, I think I've found it. This should be just fine; I'll keep close tabs on it and update if needed, as the podcasts continue. This is yesterday's post. Today's and tomorrow's will be up tomorrow. Thank you for understanding as I adjust.)

My Baby:


That's my baby.


You know it, Daddy.

I can't wait til tomorrow when I can hold you again.

Er, or the middle of the night, maybe.



The Readings:

Numbers 14:1-15:16, Mark 14:53-72, Psalm 53:1-6, Proverbs 11:4

Old Testament.
Ugh. A really dark day for the Israelites. Disappointing in every way.

So they reject God's command to go into the Promised Land.

And...complain. And wish they were in Egypt. And talk of stoning Joshua and Caleb for trying to convince them to go into the Promised Land.

Then God tells them he'll punish them a year for each day they'd explored the land. That's 40.

So they change their minds and choose to bumrush the giants on their own, without God.

Good move, guys.

We'll try a do-over in about 40 years.

I hope I'm learning to trust God through this.

New Testament.
Peter's shining moment. He's chillin' with the servant girls around the campfire by the high priest's council. Gets called out. Yells that he doesn't know Jesus. This is after telling Jesus he'd die for him.

Die yes, but face cute girls who don't like you. Um...gulp.

So let's choose to follow God in all circumstances. And I'm pretty sure there's a lesson of not becoming dependent on our ability to do anything for God, but trusting him. Because we can do all things "through Christ who strengthens us."

Not by sheer me power.

Psalms.
Fools say, "There is no God."

Don't be a fool.

Proverbs.
Riches = not dependable.
Righteousness (right living) = dependable.

It's time for us to live solely for God. In view of our fickleness (exhibit A above), our weakness (exhibit B above), and our foolishness (exhibit C, sigh, above), let's trust and live for him completely.
He is faithful, because he cannot deny himself.





To read along, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment